Friday 18 April 2014

Rosebush By Michele Jaffe

RosebushRosebush by Michele Jaffe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I really don't know what to think of this.
Some bits were really annoying, but other bits were really really good.

What i didn't like:

The flashbacks - They were very jumpy. Jane would be talking to someone in a flashback, then carry on the conversation she was having in present tense. It made it really confusing at times.

The characters - Jane really annoyed me at the beginning, All she cared about was popularity. On her first day, she locked herself in the schools bathrooms because she wasn't popular like she was at her old school. I only really liked Janes sister and Pete.

"It's just the drugs" - Jane started getting weird gifts signed "A secret admirer" and told everyone she was receiving calls from the attempted killer, But nobody believed her. They all thought the gifts were sweet, and the phone calls were in her head.

What i liked:

"She's the killer!...No, he's the killer!" - I liked how the author made you change your mind who the killer was all the time. I changed my mind about three times, but i never correctly guessed who it was.

The proper killer - I really liked this, but i also really didn't. When the killer was revealed, it was a very big shock. Though, i hated how the character completely changed.

The phonecalls and gifts - This seemed a lot like Pretty Little Liars So if you're a fan of -A, You'll most likely be a fan of "A secret admirer"

I did enjoy this at the end, but i think i preferred the first book i read by Michele Jaffe, which was Ghost Flower.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment