Friday 18 April 2014

After the Fear By Rosanne Rivers

After the FearAfter the Fear by Rosanne Rivers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A great book filled with action and great characters.

This did remind me a lot like The Hunger Games. Though, i found the ages in After the fear more heartbreaking.
I found 12 in The hunger games, really young to have to fight to the death. Though, in After the fear, Kids as young as 9 are chosen. (Or younger than that, going by Tabby.)
Imagine being 9, and having to kill people to save yourself. Your innocence stolen from you, to pay a debt owed by your nation.

The characters;

I loved Sola, She stayed strong, and fought for her survival, but didn't let her new way of life change who she was.
Her very first fight, she give up her chances of surviving, by helping a young boy instead of getting a good weapon.
A few fights, and quite a large kill count later , Sola never changed. She saved a very little girl from death, even though everything was pointing to her being the twist.

Alixis was kick-ass. Killing someone with a hairpin? Awesome.
I Really wanted to give her a hug when she told Sola her predicament. It was so so sad.

I did really like Dylan, but when he told Sola about why he stayed, it made me like him more. He could have easily changed after what he went through and become a cold blooded killer, but he didn't.

I hated Coral. She was such a bitch. Something didn't go her way so she got her dad to do the most horrible thing imaginable. Her little comments to Sola made her even more of a nasty, vindictive person. I felt sorry for her when her twist come, but she quickly reminded me why i hated her.

The twists;

The twists for the final demonstration were so cruel. Especially Dao's. :(

---


I would have loved to see Solas dad more. To see what he felt watching his daughters fight, and her no gun policy.
I really would have loved to see their reunion.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment