Friday 18 April 2014

Between By Jessica Warman

BetweenBetween by Jessica Warman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"Between" started out great, and the last fourth of the book was really good. Unfortunately, the middle bit did drag a bit, and felt longer than what it was.
That didn't harm the overall enjoyment of the book that much though.

I really liked how much Liz changed, while trying to solve the mystery.
In the flashbacks, she wasn't a nice person at all. She was bitchy and very selfish.
Though, in the end, it all changed. She started to realize that her actions could have consequences, and popularity wasn't the only thing that counted.

I found the flashbacks were done a lot better than what they were in Breathless.
They weren't jumpy.

One thing that annoyed me, was that the "red head" thing popped up quite early on, but didn't come back into the story until the end.

The revelation about Alex (Liz's partner in the afterlife) shocked me. I didn't expect it.
It actually shocked me more than when Liz's killer was revealed.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment