Thursday 31 July 2014

Asylum By Madeleine Roux

Asylum (Asylum, #1)Asylum by Madeleine Roux
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

"Featuring found photos of unsettling history and real abandoned asylums and filled with chilling mystery and page-turning suspense, Madeleine Roux's teen debut, Asylum, is a horror story that treads the line between genius and insanity."

Unfortunately, it delivered non of these things.

The main characters were rubbish.
I didn't feel anything for any of them. They could have all been killed in the book and i wouldn't have cared.

The book was slow, dull, predictable, and not creepy at all. I lost all hope of it getting better at the halfway mark.
A few people said to me that the pictures were really creepy, but i just found them weird.

I was relieved when i looked at the page count and seen it was only short, but i was even more relieved when i got to the ending!

Overall, rubbish.
I thought the authors other book Allison Hewitt Is Trapped looked quite good, but i'm having serious doubts about it after this.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment